Camper propane stove review: Eureka 2-Burner Ignite Plus
Verdict: With excellent flame control and space for big cooking, this budget-friendly, durable Eureka camper propane stove cured our family’s propane cooking blues.
We didn’t need a new camper propane stove… But we needed one. With so many camp stoves available, finding ours took some searching. It was worth it: Our new Eureka Ignite Camp Stove has 10 great things we’ve been loving. Plus, it’s been ticking our boxes for what we need in a durable, budget-friendly, efficient stove that we can use anytime we camp.
Eureka Ignite Plus 2-Burner Camp Stove
Also available at Amazon
- Efficient burning use cuts down on propane waste
- Adjustable feet for leveling anywhere
- Snazzy blue color!
- May need separate fittings or tank for on-board propane
- Detachable regulator can snag
- Wind guards sometimes come loose from catches
Why our old camp stove was getting on our nerves
When we got married in 2009, one of the gifts we registered for was a camp stove. The two-burner Eureka propane stove we’ve had since then has been a model you may well be familiar with. And it’s worked… okay. However, there were some things we were pretty tired of. Mainly:
- Little to no true flame control
- Burning through propane tanks faster than it should (and those little 1-pound tanks ain’t cheap!)
What a new camper propane stove needed to do for us
As we prepared for 2021’s camping season, we decided to take a fresh look at our camp cooker setup. Our priorities?
- Good flame control
- Easily hold two medium or large pots/pans
- Easily hold our two-burner cast iron griddle
- More efficient with propane tanks
- Packs down well for storing in the camper
However, we didn’t want a backpacking stove. Larger freestanding two- or three-burner stoves were tempting, but keeping it small was a priority. The right briefcase-style camp stove would be a good balance of:
- Heavy-duty enough to work in a range of weather conditions, from drizzle to breezes
Anthony also needed to be able to work his camp cook magic with ease. Therefore, our stove needed to be more like a partner than a tool. Above all, our new stove should be easy enough for the junior chefs to use. That way we could help them continue to learn to cook and make them into capable home cooks and camp cooks.
Our new camping propane stove: The 2-Burner Eureka Ignite Plus Camp Stove
After looking at about, oh, a dozen different stoves, we found the right stove for us: the Ignite Plus
Eureka 2 burner camp stove. Snagging one from REI, we immediately put this stove to work on a rainy spring camping trip on the Oregon Coast.
10 great things about the Eureka Ignite Plus
This 2-burner camp stove has been a joy to cook with. Here are 10 things we’ve been loving:
- 4 adjustable feet provide stability and help us keep the stove level on any surface
- Cooking area is big enough to accommodate larger pots and pans, as well as our two-sided, two-burner cast iron griddle
- Packs down small enough to stow the stove under the footwell in our popup camper’s table area
- That blue color!
- Comfortable built-in recessed handle
- Push-button ignite and excellent flame control for sautéing, boiling, simmering, and more
- Sturdy wind guards
- Easy to wipe down and keep clean
- More efficient propane use means our propane tanks are lasting longer, saving us money on propane and helping us get the most out of every bottle
- The kids love cooking on it too!
The Eureka Ignite Plus has proven itself. This budget-friendly stove is a similar price point to other, cheaper stoves. However, the Eureka is miles ahead in terms of quality, sturdiness, and flame control. The slightly larger cooktop area gives you enough breathing room between the lid and the wind guards to fit larger pots and pans. That’s perfect when prepping bigger meals or multiple dishes. While the stove is sturdy, it’s also lightweight and easy to carry.
A solid (and snazzy) camping companion for family camp cooking
Our Eureka Ignite Plus has been a budget-friendly game changer for our camp cooking setup. Better control over the heat helps us expand what types of dishes we want to cook on the road. We can prepare food better for our whole family. That makes it easier to cook up anything, whether that’s quick comfort foods, big soups, veggie dishes, and more.
Looking to replace a camp stove but don’t want to feel like you’re spending the same money you would on a home range? The Eureka Ignite Plus is a brilliant sweet-spot combo of efficiency, size, cooking powerhouseedness, and cost. It’ll quickly become a must-bring camping companion!